Monday, April 13, 2015

Brassicas, spinach, onions, and peas

This weekend, the weather was fantastic again. The frogs are peeping, the sun was shining, and temps were in the 60's. 

I planted peas and even used an innoculant this year:


The shallots went in at 4 per square foot, and planting onion bulbs, 9 per square foot, looks like this:


I planted brussels sprout seedlings and broccoli seedlings into the raised beds:

I sowed kale, arugula, red carrots and lettuce in the cold frames (not pictured), and planted out kale, tat soi, and collards into the cold frames. Spinach plants space at 9 per square foot, so the seeds went into a raised bed like this:

Rich leveled more space for raised beds and we put them in place:


The tree in the photo above is a peach tree on its third year about to go into bud. I was hoping to create an orchard also, but we need to enrich the soil properly first, so the peach is staying put for now. I also prepared more seed trays for tomato seeds, made a cold frame out of cinder blocks and old windows, put out my potted tulips, and continued to tidy up the perennial beds, 




No comments:

Post a Comment